Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Greatest Card Game Ever...

I am not a card-game-person as a rule. I don't know what it is about them, but very few really entrance me. 65 isn't bad (no betting, please), but beyond that, nothing much. So when my mother, my mother's friend, my grandmother, my friends, and various other acquaintances became interested in a game called Dutch Blitz I wanted nothing to do with it. I tried playing it once, was unimpressed, and wondered why on earth they were so crazy about it. I avoided playing it for a good long while.

Then I tried it again.

Believe it or not, I think that I have found one of the most addicting card games ever. If betting were involved, I'd probably be broke. As it is, it's a family-friendly, fast-paced game that I am now officially hooked on.

An interesting thing that I've found is that some, dare I say most, guys don't like it or have any interest in learning to play. My brother Aaron played a couple of times, then decided he didn't care for it that much. My dad had no idea why Mom and I sat around playing it for hours. However, women and girls are wild about it!

I earnestly implore you, if you like games of any kind, to consider buying this one. It's not in many stores, but you can get it for about $10 on eBay. So prepare to be amazed by this simple card game with mysterious addictive qualities.

This little poem expresses the effect of DB to a tee (my friend started playing it with her grandmother one morning, then got her mom and brother in on it, and they they were still playing in their pajamas when their dad came home from work!):

A VONDERFUL GOOT GAME!



Dutch Blitz is such vonderful goot fun 
For young folks—and old vones too. 
Vhy you should see the vones who plays: 
They gets in such a stew.



Easy to learn—exciting to play, 
For two or three or four. 
And this for sure is vone such game, 
That ain't gonna be no bore.



So now, sit down with your friend or kin, 
And try this game to play. 
Chust bet that vhen you get started vonc't, 
You'll play for most the day!




Here are the rules, if you're interested: http://www.dutchblitz.com/rules.htm  

Tata for now,
Abby Rogers

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm determined to. You make it sound like I've gotta get me a deck quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dutch Blitz! My whole family plays it, but I can't seem to find anyone else who does. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails